Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Poor baby


Does this look like the picture of a sick child? I thought not.

Henry's trying to pull one over on us, making us think he's sick. But I caught him in his act. I'm not sure what the gain of feigning sickness would be, since he already receives nearly instantaneous gratification for his needs. Hungry? Just bop your head around and grunt. Mom comes running. Don't like the outfit you're wearing? Simply pee through your diaper and wet your clothes. A new ensemble is on the way. Given this state of affairs, it could only be one thing. Henry loves having his cute little nose suctioned. Yes, he adores the blue bulb syringe. The pictures in this entry were taken right after I cleared his passages for him, in fact. He smiles up a storm when he sees that bright blue ball. Which certainly makes life easier for me. Henry could also be acting sick to try to earn another trip to the pediatric ER, where we went for the first time this weekend. He enjoyed that trip in the same somewhat illogical way that he enjoys the bulb syringe--he was all smiles for the medical staff. In many ways this makes complete sense, seeing as he now loves checking out new sights and sounds. The ER and the monitoring mechanisms had enough beeps and flashing lights to make this little babe think he was just in an extended play mat, I think. Luckily, the trip to the ER simply confirmed for us that he has a simple cold, and not something more serious. And like I said, I think now he's faking. How else could you explain these?



No comments: