Monday, April 7, 2008

I must be dreaming

It sure felt like a dream come true this weekend, when Henry granted us two nearly "full" nights of sleep! Of course, my definition of a full night of sleep is quite different now from pre-Henry. In the case of this weekend, I was thrilled that Henry slept from 9pm until 3:30am on Saturday night, and from 10:30pm until 4am on Sunday night. After the usual change/eat/back rub routine, he went back to sleep both mornings until around 6. And somehow, this felt like sleeping 8 or 9 consecutive hours used to feel for me. It appears that the secret to this recent success was beginning the transition from Henry sleeping in our room to sleeping in his own room. Or at least his big nights of sleep coincided with this change. It would make some sense...in a houseful of noisy sleepers, I think we were waking each other up all night with our sleep sounds. I'm under no illusions that Henry will necessarily continue to sleep this well, but boy, what a treat those hours of sound sleep were.

This weekend Brian and I were also treated to an hour-long date at Friendlys, while Henry's G grandparents watched the little one. This followed a very nice walk, and another successful, cry-free bath. Once again, I have a growing appreciation for the small triumphs and moments in our life. Like getting out of the house with my husband. Or, even getting out of the house by myself to go to ever-exciting Target.

In case these thrilling developments aren't quite so thrilling to you readers, here are two more pics of the little cherub (and his crazy hair) after his bath. That's what you come here to see, anyway, right?

No comments: