Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'll never...

Chalk up another one to the list of "Things I'll never do as a parent," but then went ahead and did anyway...
The photo above shows Henry wearing his handy child safety/restraint system. Otherwise known as, a leash. Otherwise known as, the monkey on his back. Whatever you choose to call it, it works. For a kid who is always on the go and can move faster every day, finding a way to keep him safely within arms reach is a challenge, but also a top priority for me. I never thought I'd have my child on a "leash," but it's cute and effective, and if it keeps him safe then I'm okay with it.

Yesterday we took a quick road trip to the Providence Children's Museum with our friends Kristina and Griffin. Visiting this museum was a great idea. Going on a rainy day during spring vacation week: not so great an idea. Somehow we didn't manage to put two and two together, until we arrived there and saw the swarms of parents and children heading toward the entrance. Regardless of the crowds, I think the boys still had a fun time. There are many activities at the museum geared toward children sharing Henry's age and interests. His favorite activities involved balls and wheels. Shocking, right? An enclosed area with Tonka trucks and soft, fake rocks was Henry's nirvana. He also enjoyed the water area, where children donning raincoat-like smocks can splash and play with balls in shallow troughs of water. We look forward to exploring more on a day when the museum is less crowded!

No comments: