Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Who is Henry Shaun Gemborys, anyway?

With every day, I feel like I get to know my son a little better. His personality traits gradually reveal themselves, and he becomes more and more of a little person. And then again, there are those times when I feel like I have no idea just who this little person is. For example, take Henry's sense of humor. Most anything can make Henry smile. He's generally a smiley guy. But laughing is another story altogether. For the past few months we've eeked out quick giggles here and there, but have yet to achieve predictable laughter. In fact, Henry's sense of humor is a big mystery to me. I could spend hours making what I think are silly faces and sounds intended to get a giggle out of our guy, with no result. But today, when he dropped a toy I smiled and said "oops!" and got a hearty round of laughs. Before I knew it Henry was cracking up. Over an oops?

Here are some other facts about Henry, subject to change at any moment:

His likes include...
  • Travel (preferably short car rides and long walks)
  • Electronics and gadgets (cords, remote controls, and cells phones especially)
  • Culinary adventures (except for peas, those were soundly rejected)
  • Exercise (rolling, crawling, and scooching)
  • Literature (Henry's taste in books: the chewier the better.)
  • Miscellaneous odds and ends such as mirrors, the color red, and anything he can fit in his mouth

His dislikes include...
  • Waiting. For anything. But especially for food.
  • Sleeping. As described in a previous post, naps are for babies, and Henry does not think he's a baby. Sleep=torture.
  • Loud, sudden noises (espeically his dad's sneezes)
  • Tin foil. Strange, but true.
Here is a photo of Henry in his gangsta persona, saying "peace out, yo."

And here he is charming his momma, as usual.

1 comment:

kestrelia said...

Didn't I tell you we G-Men don't laugh often!?