Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy 6 Months, Henry!

Yesterday was Henry's six-month birthday. As I think (and write) every month, it's hard to believe he's been with us for this long. It's true what they say about time moving even more quickly once you have children. Henry's been making the most of his half-year status, and has filled the past two days with several new capabilities. The most notable: he pulled himself up to standing today. Twice. This totally blew my mind, because, whoa, this is one step closer to walking! The first time, Henry was in desperate pursuit of the camera in my lap. He crawled toward me, climbed with his little arms up into my lap, and then when I held my hands out to him he grabbed on, rose to his knees, and then stood up! Once he was up, he looked just as startled as I felt. And then he grinned, because he realized he'd done something fun that made his momma smile and cheer him on. The second time he pulled himself up, he was in his crib, supposedly napping. I went upstairs to find him climbing up the bumper, and before I knew it he was on his knees again and then precariously standing. Needless to say, we lowered the crib before bedtime tonight. Henry's also been very enamored of his ability to mimic and make new sounds the past few days. He finds it quite funny to have a conversation of matching sounds. And I love it, too, of course. Here are some photos and video from the past two days.

Practicing sitting up on his own:


Playing new favorite Peek-a-boo game with mom:

Looking like a big boy:
"Napping." Right. That's how naps go these days. (taken prior to the lowering of the crib)

1 comment:

sassymom said...

He looks so cute in the blue preppie outfit. We're so proud of his new abilities!