Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I (heart) Henry

I'd read that new parents often experience the sensation of falling in love with their children, but I think this is one of those experiences you can't quite fathom until in the midst of it yourself. There is no question that I loved Henry the moment he was born, if not before then. And as such I would have done anything imaginable for him. But in the past few weeks, I would say that this has evolved into something more intense, like the almost palpable, all-consuming feeling of falling in love. Henry is all that I think of or talk about. I'm amazed and awe struck at the tiniest little thing I notice about him. Each move he makes is a miracle in and of itself. And even when he's upstairs sleeping I look lovingly at pictures of him. I feel like that friend who disappears suddenly when she meets someone new, spending every waking moment with him. And when she's with you, all she can talk (or gush) about is him. I'd say I'm that girl; all Henry, all the time.

The little wonder child is sleeping in his swing right now. For the second day in a row, he's fallen asleep there on his own. It's a good development, to see that he's learning to put himself to sleep more easily. Though he still fights pretty hard against sleep. He fusses and forces his little eyelids open until the last gasp when sleep overtakes him. I guess there's too much fun to be had with momma to bother with sleep.

Here's a recent pic of Henry that I love. Brian posted this on his blog too, so sorry for the repeat for dual readers. I just couldn't resist, though. It captures Henry's recent obsession with sucking on his fingers.

No comments: